Physical Address: 375 Pantherkill Road, Phoenicia, NY 12464
Mailing Address: PO Box 70, Phoenicia, NY 12464
Menla is conveniently located:
- Two hours north of the GW Bridge in New York City by car
- Three hours by bus from New York City on Adirondack Trailways to Phoenicia, NY
- Three and a half hours from Boston by car
- One and a half hours from Stewart Airport in Newburgh, NY
- Two hours from Albany International Airport
Bus tickets need not be purchased in advance, but to plan your trip via Trailways please visit: www.trailwaysny.com
By Car from New York City:
Cross George Washington Bridge (upper level); take an immediate right onto the Palisades Parkway; continue to exit 9 West (NYS Thruway Albany 87). Drive for about 1 hour to exit 19 (Kingston exit); after toll booth stay to the right and take first right at traffic circle onto Route 28 West toward Pine Hill. Continue on Route 28W about 22 miles to Phoenicia in Ulster County. Continue approximately 1/2 mile beyond the Phoenicia sign and make a left onto Woodland Valley Road. At the T, make a right, continuing on Woodland Valley Road for about 1/2 mile. Immediately after the “Dangerous Intersection” sign, make a right onto Pantherkill Road. Continue to the end of road. Once you enter Menla’s front gates, bear slightly right/uphill, following signs for Registration, to the main parking lot in front of the Lhasa Inn, a large three-story beige building with a blue roof, fire escape, and trim. Park in the parking lot and enter Lhasa Inn through the second of three doors on the left/south side to find the Front Desk.
By Car from NYS Thruway 1-87 South:
Take exit 19 and follow directions above.
The closest airports are Albany International Airport in Albany, NY, and Stewart Airport in Newburgh, NY. Via public transportation, you can connect to the Adirondack Trailways bus, which will bring you to nearby Phoenicia.
You may also fly into any of the major New York City airports and take the Adirondack Trailways bus from New York City, departing from Port Authority. All New York City airports connect to Port Authority Bus Terminal via public transportation.
From JFK and LGA:
- Schedule a shuttle from NYC Airporter. They pick you up from at the JFK and LGA airports – just have to look for NYC Airporter sign. The shuttles run every 30 minutes. No advanced booking needed but it might make the trip easier to have it booked in advance. It takes about 45 minutes to get from JFK to Port Authority Terminal, sometimes in traffic an 1 hour. To Schedule a shuttle please visit: www.nycairporter.com.
- Get off at the Port Authority Terminal stop. Go into the main entrance where you are dropped off.
- Go to the Lower Level and go to Gate 34 for the Adirondack Trailways bus to Phoenicia, NY. It is ideal to try to line up the flight with the bus times, It takes about 45 mins to the bus from JFK. No advanced booking is needed but it is encouraged to book in advance online. Purchase the NYC Port Authority to Phoenicia NY ticket. The trip form takes about 3 – 3.5 hours. For schedules & to purchase your bus ticket online please visit: www.trailwaysny.com
- Once your Ticket is purchased, call or email the Menla Front Desk to schedule a pick-up time in Phoenicia. The cost is $5 and MUST be booked in advance as it only runs when scheduled.
From Albany Airport:
- Due to pandemic cutbacks, there is no longer bus service from Albany Airport to Phoenicia, and we are now recommending taking an Uber or taxi from Albany to Menla. There is currently only one bus that runs from the Albany Bus Terminal at 34 Hamilton St, Albany to Kingston, departing Albany at 1:30pm daily, with transfer to a bus to Phoenicia from Kingston at 2:55pm. No advanced booking is needed, though you can book in advance online. The total trip is about 1.5 – 2 hours. For schedules and to purchase your bus ticket online, please visit: www.trailwaysny.com
- If you take the bus to Phoenicia, please call or email the Menla Front Desk ahead of time to schedule a pick-up time in Phoenicia. The cost is $5 and MUST be booked in advance.
Shuttle from Phoenicia:
With advance notice, Menla provides a $5 shuttle to and from Phoenicia up until 8 p.m for people traveling by bus. Please call 845-688-6897 ext. 0 to arrange for pickup.
Taxi & Car Services
Due to Menla’s secluded location Car Services & Taxis are not always the most cost effective method for traveling to Phoenicia, New York. While we recommend taking Trailways Bus, if that is not an option for you & your group we suggest the following car providers:
Woodstock Town Car
Albany Taxi: (518) 888-1096
Carmel Car Service: (866) 666-6666
Red Hook Taxi: (845) 876-2010
Rhinebeck Taxi: 845-758-1478