Are you looking for a job that’s more than just a job? Working at Menla means being part of a small community, working for a meaningful cause, and being immersed in a healthy and stunning natural environment. Our retreat center is a hidden oasis in the Catskills featuring spiritual and wellness retreats and a world-class healing Spa.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
– Snow shoveling/ice removal
– Proper handling of trash, recycling, and compost
– Handling of firewood: splitting, stacking, transporting wood, building and overseeing bonfires
– General maintenance assistance and job site cleanup
– Help maintain landscaping, tree debris, building entrances, decks and step maintenance, repair and restoration and work with gardener on projects, as needed
– Help maintain roads and drainage including culverts, ditches, tree debris and road maintenance including potholes
– Assist with building maintenance and upkeep including gutters, keeping outdoor spaces around buildings and around campus free from debris and clutter, so houses and property as a whole look “guest ready”
– Painting and staining
– Power washing
– Working on bigger projects with the whole maintenance team
Dependable, flexible, friendly, and able to multi-task. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. You will be expected to be at work in a timely fashion even if it’s actively snowing. Proper winter attire is required for outdoor work.
Compensation: $17/hr, share of staff tips, matching 401K, paid vacation and sick time, free organic shift meals, free access to Menla-sponsored classes, staff discounts at our spa and gift shop. Extremely affordable housing for the right candidate.
This Job Is:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
“The genius is in the details of this place. Simple . elegant and chic. The food is always creative, delicious and healthy. The staff is right on. There is nothing they won’t do to make you comfortable. And then there’s the Spa. It’s the big embrace when you walk through the door. The whole place is a huge container of LOVE.”
“I loved every minute at Menla. It was as if heaven was delivered to me on earth–the people, the food, the services at the spa, even my walks to the meeting room were infused with magic. I was greeted with so much warmth and caring with every interaction.”
“The Menla Cleanse Getaway was the most peaceful, knowledgeable and supportive environment I have ever experienced for my annual detox. The juices and raw food were creatively prepared and delicious, and the staff was caring and unobtrusive. Being supported by the gorgeous sacred land, a stunning new spa and many wise healers facilitated profound renewal for me on all levels. I am filled with gratitude for Chisti and her team, and I will definitely return!”