Spa Coordinator for Holistic Spa and Retreat Center
Menla Retreat Center is seeking a team-oriented candidate to serve as a full-time Spa Coordinator for DEWA Spa.
DEWA Spa is a stunning, 4000 sq. ft healing facility nestled in the heart of Menla Retreat Center in Phoenicia, NY. We are open year-round and provide top-quality service to guests staying both on and off property, as well as tending to local and repeat clientele. While our focus is on Tibetan and Ayurvedic therapies, we also offer a wide range of other spa treatments and healing modalities.
As Spa Coordinator, you are responsible for:
. Assisting spa manager with organization of daily flow.
. Assistance with internal staff communications and therapist scheduling.
. Working with spa manager on development and implementation of new protocols.
. Maintaining existing protocols and procedures as per the spa managers preference.
. Learning and maintaining necessary oils, baths and therapy setups.
. Assist with spa cleanliness and organization.
. Some website and POS/booking software management.
. Assistance with inventory and product display.
. Greeting and showing guests around the spa lockers and facilities.
· Keeping the lounge, locker rooms and other areas neat, clean and stocked with all amenities.
· Reviewing guest appointments/guest bookings.
· Handling guest questions/concerns professionally and courteously.
· Developing the ability to work without constant direct supervision
· Maintaining a positive attitude and contributing towards a quality work environment.
· Communicating any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
. Housekeeping and laundry duties.
. Treatment room setup and breakdown.
. Assist guests with product sales and questions.
Specific qualifications for this role include:
· Weekend availability a must, flexible availability preferred.
· Efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment
· Strong organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
· Excellent customer service, communication, and listening skills.
· Enjoy working with people; friendly and outgoing demeanor.
· The cooperative spa environment is physically demanding; candidate must be able to lift up to 50lbs, be on their feet for 6+ hours, climbing stairs multiple times a day.
As a Spa Coordinator for Dewa Spa at Menla, your benefits include:
· Access to free yoga, meditation and Tibet House/Menla sponsored programming when available.
· Online access to Menla sponsored programs.
· Discounts on massage, bodywork, sauna/steam rooms and store items for yourself as well as a friends and family option.
· Commission on retail items sold in the Spa.
· Vegetarian, locally sourced staff lunch for all shifts worked when the kitchen is open.
· Use of the facilities including hiking, state of the art gym and seasonal pool.’